[wix-users] Wait for a process (identified by name) to terminate un wix uninstall

Mike Scalora mscalora at simplifile.com
Tue Aug 16 09:10:16 PDT 2016

I need to wait for a process to terminate (takes about 30 sec) during wix uninstall before deleting files it has open. I know the name ("Image Name" in task manager) of the target process. This process is not a child process of an application or service so those normal mechanisms are not working.

If not that, can I just pause for 30 sec before the file delete happens in the uninstall process??

-Mike Scalora