[wix-users] 4.6 .Net Prereq and Burn

Patterson, Brent bcpatterson at xactware.com
Mon Aug 15 15:43:20 PDT 2016

Another issue.  I updated the bootstrapper burn bundle to install 4.6 instead of 4.5.2 .NET.  However, I ran into an issue.  4.6 does not install if any version of 4.X is installed already.  Only if none of the 4.X exists, then does it prompt to install 4.6.  This isn't for MSI, but for the bootstrapper bundle.

I looked, and found previous email conversations about this, but it didn't resolve my issue.  I'm using 3.10.3 WiX, should I update to 3.11 to resolve this?  Or is this a bug?

I have this in my burn bundle:

    <BootstrapperApplicationRef Id="ManagedBootstrapperApplicationHost" >
      <Payload SourceFile="NDP46-KB3045560-Web.exe" Name="redist\NDP46-KB3045560-Web.exe"/>
    </BootstrapperApplicationRef>

    <Chain>
      <PackageGroupRef Id="NetFx46Web"/>
    </Chain>