[wix-users] Installer has insufficient privileges on re-install

Phil Wilson phil.wilson at mvps.org
Mon Aug 15 11:08:48 PDT 2016

Make a verbose log of the install to see where it fails. That directory is
accessible as Read and Execute to limited users as far as I can determine,
so some non-elevated code is probably tring to write/modify there. It
doesn't seem likely that Windows Installer itself cannot modify that
location, so I'd suspect a custom action (maybe an impersonated one that
therefore does not run elevated).

Phil W