[wix-users] WiX Toolset 4

Vanniekerk, Tyrel (GE Healthcare) tyrel.vanniekerk at ge.com
Mon Aug 15 08:01:20 PDT 2016

Well that's good news at least.  Reading the documentation it looked like all the IIS commands were for the IIS 6 compatibility mode.

I will read some more/dig some more about the log file options.  I have tried to set the log filename and turn on logging, but no luck so far.  My requirement for this product is to set the log file with the date and time appended to it.

    <Property Id="MsiLogFileLocation" Value="%Temp%\MyProduct.log" />
    <Property Id="MsiLogging" Value="v" />

What I read so far was that the properties above would work if you are using Windows Installer 4.  So far I have not seen it work and I am not sure if it uses version 4 of the Windows installer by default or not.

The information on the net does not always help if you want to do custom or unusual stuff.  Seems that getting to understand the WiX source code might help, but will probably take some time.