[wix-users] Installer has insufficient privileges on re-install

Brian Enderle brianke at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 07:47:34 PDT 2016

I am running into an issue when I uninstall a product and then try to
re-install the same product.  First installation works correctly.  I then
uninstall the product.  On trying to re-install the product I am getting
the following error message:

The installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory:
C:\Temp.  The installation cannot continue.  Log on as administrator or
contact your system administrator.

The issue just started a couple days ago and rebooting the system 'fixes'
this issue (I can install the product after rebooting).  I haven't made any
significant changes to the installer other than adding a new step in the
installation process that asks if the Server or Client version of the
product should be installed.

I am looking for any guidance on what to look for in relation to this
problem.  It is the first time I have encountered this and not even sure
where to start looking.

Brian

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.  -
Albert Einstein