[wix-users] Is WixToolSet Compatible with Visual Studio 2015 Community?

Cellutionware Software rkvjr at verizon.net
Fri Aug 12 13:23:44 PDT 2016

I am using Visual Studio 2015 Community to develop my VB.Net application. I
installed WixToolset version 3.10.3 today for the first time (no prior
versions were installed).

I am trying to follow the Simple Setup tutorial. I can create the C# My
Application project OK. And I can create a Windows Installer XML, but when I
right-click on References and then click on Add Reference, there are no
projects listed on the Projects tab. Thus, I cannot add a reference to My
Application like in the tutorial. There are no projects listed, and when I
click on the Browse tab, I don't know where to find the file. I can navigate
to my Projects folder and I can see the files within the My Application
folder, but none of them are the right files. I keep getting an error
message.

I also have a problem when I try to save the MySetup file. Visual Studio
2015 Community just hangs and I have to abort the save using
Ctrl+Shift+Delete.

What am I doing wrong? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much,

Robert Valentine