[wix-users] Updates with Major.Minor.Build.Revision needed

Rob Mensching rob at firegiant.com
Thu Aug 11 23:54:56 PDT 2016

http://robmensching.com/blog/posts/2007/8/17/zataoca-custom-actions-are-generally-an-admission-of-failure/

From: wix-users [mailto:wix-users-bounces at lists.wixtoolset.org] On Behalf Of Steffen Vogel
Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2016 11:06 PM
To: 'WiX Toolset Users Mailing List' <wix-users at lists.wixtoolset.org>
Subject: Re: [wix-users] Updates with Major.Minor.Build.Revision needed

@David Connet, Thanks for the great idea with a different version format for
the MSi, but unfortunately I can't do this because of my boss.

@Phill Hogland, "which you can implement in the MSBuild targets related to
your .wixproj without affecting the rest of your build process." - could you
please give me an example what I can implement? I think I do not understand
it correctly. (I'm not that good in English)

For now I chose the suggestion from Sampat because it does fit my
requirements the best and I hope that it is relatively easy to implement.
I will inform you if it works, thanks :)

Steffen