[wix-users] Patch uninstall causing Repair

robert_yang at agilent.com robert_yang at agilent.com
Fri Aug 5 07:45:14 PDT 2016

"I don't understand why you jump to having to create a private burn.exe. Why not work with us to add functionality to make this feature more optimal? We wished the Visual Studio team (which added this feature in v3.9) would have thought it through more but they only optimized for their scenarios. Now more work could be done to make it even more optimal, but at least less is broken with the current design.

Finally, if you don't want to help us improve the WiX Toolset itself, your BA has enough information to proceed quite optimally should it want to skip repairing most MSIs."

I'm sorry I've been so absent.  Medical and health issues (I spent about a month in the hospital this winter and then went through a long recovery afterwards), and well, other things to do in life.  I turn 50 in a matter of weeks, and man am I feeling it.  It's been a struggle just to keep up with my day job.

I do appreciate the work you all are doing, no question.  Maybe someday I will be able to make a more productive contribution.