[wix-users] Patch installation

Robert Goodridge robert.goodridge at lansa.com.au
Thu Aug 4 15:28:58 PDT 2016

Hi Stephanie,

There are two types of files: executables and text files. If the file is classified as an executable (and its my understanding that only EXE and DLL are executables), then its Version based (though there is more to it than just that. See the link below.

Text files aren't versioned, they are hashed. So if the file has not changed it has the same hash and won't be updated. Look at this: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa368267(v=vs.85).aspx

Warm regards

Rob Goodridge | CloudArchitect | LANSA Product Centre