[wix-users] Bootstrapper and patching

Phill Hogland phill.hogland at rimage.com
Thu Aug 4 09:51:20 PDT 2016

It seems like this could be achieved by inserting your tool (or an MSBuild ITask) into the BeforeBuild task of the bundle to get the MSI/MSP version and set a pre-processor variable in your .wixproj file (or write it out to a .wxi file), which is then used by your bundle project to set the version, so that candle has access to the desired version when you are compiling the bundle.