[wix-users] Unable to upgrade per-machine driver package with burn bundle

Jürgen Schäpker Juergen.Schaepker at giepa.de
Thu Aug 4 00:39:41 PDT 2016

I don't see a Restart in that log but in line 313:

DIFXAPP: A reboot is needed to uninstall the driver package '{7FB1B753-B85C-4B39-B21C-B5061769E0C4}'.

Line 357:
DIFXAPP: WARNING: The uninstall phase of this upgrade required a reboot. This may result in errors during the subsequent install phase. If such errors do occur, please reboot your system and run the upgrade again.

And in line 500:

MSI (s) (C0:5C) [16:24:01:794]: Windows Installer requires a system restart.

We had a discussion about service start/stop here:

https://github.com/dokan-dev/dokany/issues/189

"Windows normally does not allow to stop this kind of services. It can only mark it for delete for the next reboot."

Updating is not the same thing here.