[wix-users] How to hide install button and need to use only Advanced button as Install button in WIXUI_Advanced.

dev at parascadd.com dev at parascadd.com
Mon Aug 1 03:54:15 PDT 2016

My purpose is to hide install button and need to use only Advanced
button as
Install button in WIXUI_Advanced.
I have created customized UI by using WixUI_Advanced dialog set.
Steps followed are :
1) Copied the source file of WixUI_Advanced from wix source code
2) Paste that file with "Custom_Advanced" in my project
3)On building the project it is giving me error of  "Duplicate symbol
found
of Custom Action and DialogRef action
i.e Id might be repeated ".
I am also trying to run through Command Prompt using candle and light
but it
gives me error
"Light 0094 Unresolved reference to symbol WIXUI:Custom_Advanced in
section
product"

However if i tried using "Custom_Mondo"  its getting build without any
error
Here I tried same, customizing WixUI_Mondo by following above procedure.
In this case the name of file in my project was "Custom_Mondo" and I
also
changed
  <UI ID="Custom_Mondo" > and referred in product.wxs file using tag
mentioned .
<UIRef Id = "Custom_Mondo"/> inside Product element
I am also trying for Custom_Mondo to run through Command Prompt using
candle
and light but it gives me error
"Light 0094 Unresolved reference to symbol WIXUI:Custom_Mondo in section
product"

How to solve this error and how to refer "Custom_Advanced" in
Product.wxs
file and

Please let me know how to solve this error and run Customized UI
product.wxs
file from Command Prompt
and if any samples provided it will be highly appreciated.