[wix-users] Uninstalling patch2 removes patch1

Phil Wilson phil.wilson at mvps.org
Fri Apr 29 10:07:41 PDT 2016

I suspect it's version thing going on. If you install patch2 against 1.0.0.0
then uninstalling it is being interpreted as a requiring reversion to
1.0.0.0. The patching mechanism isn't blind to the installed version it was
applied to. When you install patch1 then patch2, patch2 uninstall knows that
the product needs restoring to patch1's 1.0.1.0.

Phil W