[wix-users] ExecuteFileInUse

Phil Wilson phil.wilson at mvps.org
Tue Apr 26 10:01:56 PDT 2016

I remember dealing with the spurious FilesInUse record in an external record
handler. The spurious half-empty record has a data size of zero - that's how
I filtered it out. Each in-use entry in a formatted record has two size
fields. If the first of these is zero then skip over it because it's not
relevant. I haven't looked at the WiX handling of these records but if
there's any record size info passed to your code then see if there are any
zero values.
Phil W