[wix-users] Best Practice Question: How to load and display options from an ini file ?

Gary M garym at oedata.com
Mon Apr 25 09:59:18 PDT 2016

Thanks Sanket,

The pre-processor foreach loop seems to require early binding of referent
data. Maybe I have another race condition ?  I think I also need a
customaction.

I did get the ini file in a arbitrary directory.

I was hoping for ini file read and write code that wasn't so verbose.

I was trying to get some code that wasn't so verbose..

Write Ini File:
  <Fragment>
    <DirectoryRef Id="APP_ADMIN_DIR" >
      <Component Id="set.APP.INI.CFG"
Guid="{C4CB3CD1-DD79-4836-9EBD-9FFCFBC355E5}" KeyPath='yes'>
        <IniFile
          Id="set.APP.HOST.NAME"
          Directory="APP_ADMIN_DIR"
          Name="application.ini"
          Action="addLine"
          Section="host"
          Key="host_url"
          Value="'[APP.HOST.NAME]'"
        />
       </Component>
    </DirectoryRef>
   </Fragment>

Read Ini File:
    <Property Id="APP.HOST.NAME" >
      <IniFileSearch Id="get.APP.HOST.NAME" Name="application.ini"
Section="host" Key="host_url" Type="raw" >
        <DirectorySearch
          Id="getAPP.INI.DIR.REF"
          Path="[APP_ADMIN_DIR]"
        />