[wix-users] Best Practices Question on Conditionally Setting Multiple Properties

Gary M garym at oedata.com
Thu Apr 21 22:46:30 PDT 2016

I have a best practices question about conditionally setting about 60
properties.

I'm setting the properties with default values when "NOT Installed".

When installed, the values are sourced from the registry and  some ini
files.

I would like to reduce the number of conditional statements and make the
wxs a bit more readable and maintainable.

The only was I can see hierarchically organizing  the properties is to
place them in a Feature element, make the feature hidden and add a
conditional element to the feature..

 Is there a different/better convention to achieve this ?

v/r
gary