[wix-users] Writing a BAFunctions DLL

Phill Hogland phill.hogland at rimage.com
Wed Apr 13 14:40:37 PDT 2016

I believe the four handlers detailed are only ones currently supported by the BAfunctions.dll.  (I ocassionally use a BAFunctions.dll and when I last searched the wix source those were the only handlers support.)  I think there may have been some discussion in the devs to add more support for BAFunctions.dll in wix 4.x but I am not sure of the details.

Yes you can add a configuration application exe to to your chain.  I think it needs to be the last item in the chain.  I have not used that feature yet.  I notice it somewhere in the chm and in the source code, but I will have to search for the details.  I think it was a new feature to 3.9.