[wix-users] Is there support for firewall inbound and outbound rules ?

Phill Hogland phill.hogland at rimage.com
Wed Apr 13 10:04:31 PDT 2016

I believe that until someone develops a solution and contributes it to the open-source WiX project the capability does not exist today.  While the WixFirewallExtension is useful on Vista or later, its feature set targets the Windows Firewall for XP and not explicitly the Advanced Windows Firewall of Vista or later.   I have had some ideas on how to implement AWF features but have not had anytime to work on them yet.