[wix-users] Burn: How to detect ProductCode of current (or any other) package in the bundle?

Reuss, Matthias matthias.mr.reuss at sivantos.com
Tue Apr 12 00:45:28 PDT 2016

Hi,

how can I retrieve the ProductCode of a certain MsiPackage in the bundle?

I need to get one of the ProductCodes at uninstallation time in order to check whether a certain component is registered with that product.

I know that Burn has to read the ProductCodes (i.e. to detect upgrades), but I have not found a way where it exposes them to the CustomBA (most straightforward place would be in the EventArgs).

As I need this data on uninstall, I cannot simply query the bundled package. So I need to resort to some less straightforward way, such as

Enumerate all installed products and search for the product name
Use ComponentInstallation.ClientProducts, as the component code I am looking for is known (probably the easiest way)

Or does Burn provide the Product Codes somewhere?

Best regards

Matthias Reuss