[wix-users] Licensing question when deploying Microsoft.Deployment.WindowsInstaller.dll

Christopher Painter chrpai at iswix.com
Sat Apr 9 02:41:44 PDT 2016

I've redistributed that library in my open source project IsWiX for the past 6 years and Rob hasn't come after me yet. :)

If you can't resolve your concerns and all you need to do is query the property table of an MSI, that's pretty easy P/Invoke to just write yourself.   Still, DTF is pretty awesome so I try not to ever reinvent the wheel.