[wix-users] Transform Error

Jan Bungeroth jbungeroth at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 07:45:31 PDT 2016

Hi

I am currently migrating from InstallShield to WiX. I want to be able to do
a minor upgrade from the last InstallShield version to my new WiX project.
My WiX project is based on the Dark output and mainly edited for
readability,

I kept the Product Id, Component GUIDs, and Upgrade Code, incremented the
version number and gave the Package a new Id. Minor upgrades from my
software installed by WiX to a newer version also built with WiX work.

But when I try to do a minor upgrade from the last InstallShield version I
get a Transformation Error. When applying the 1033.MST several entries get
transformed until the transformation fails with

DEBUG: Error 2251:  Database:  Transform: Cannot delete row that doesn't
exist. Table: Property
1: 2251 2:  3: Property
Error applying transforms. Verify that the specified transform paths are
valid.

Since I have no clue left, I welcome any suggestion on how to debug this
problem.

Thanks

Jan