[wix-users] stupid uninstall problem...

Rob Mensching rob at firegiant.com
Thu Apr 7 07:13:41 PDT 2016

msiexec /fvpmus fixed.msi

Then uninstall.

From: wix-users [mailto:wix-users-bounces at lists.wixtoolset.org] On Behalf Of Lewis Henderson
Sent: Thursday, April 7, 2016 7:12 AM
To: WiX Toolset Users Mailing List <wix-users at lists.wixtoolset.org>
Subject: [wix-users] stupid uninstall problem...

Hi Guys,

I made a stupid mistake on a test installation package.  In the ServiceControl element, I set Start="both" rather than Start="install".  As a result, my test package fails to uninstall because, wonder of wonders, it can't start the just-uninstalled service.

The question is: I know there's a cached version of the .msi somewhere.  How do I get the uninstall to use my fixed msi instead of the cached version?  Alternatively, how can I replace the cached msi with the fixed one?

Thanks for the help.

                                                                Lewis Henderson
                                                                OpenText, Inc.