[wix-users] Current choices for creating App-V packages

Rob Mensching rob at firegiant.com
Tue Apr 5 00:39:16 PDT 2016

Last week we announced enhancements to the FireGiant Appx Extension to now support both desktop and server Appx packages: https://www.firegiant.com/wix/appx/

Historically, the App-V runtime has not been readily available (only available as part of MDOP) so it was not a priority for us. However, I'm hearing now that the App-V runtime will be included in Windows 10 which makes it infinitely more interesting. So while I'm not making any promises right now, I expect it is very likely we will add support for App-V to the FireGiant Extensions (either as part of the Appx Extension or a new TBD extension).