[wix-users] Installing IIS and .Net 4.5 on Different OS Versions

Phill Hogland phill.hogland at rimage.com
Wed Sep 30 10:30:04 PDT 2015

I had to write custom action to manage my DISM.exe (or fondue.exe) CBS configuration issues.  I did not find the DISMAPI helpful (but I also had to support Win7).  There is no built-in support for CBS (DISM.exe) in WiX to my knowledge.  I have seen posts where it is judged to be very complex to implement and a volunteer has not stepped forward to work on it yet.  For .Net4.5, since I also have a managed mba which requires .Net4.5, I let the default WiX prereq installer handle that, which is very nice! Thanks guys.  To do this I had to implement supportedRuntime and supportedFramework in my bootstrapper config file, and include the .Net package that I want as the first item in my chain.
http://wixtoolset.org/documentation/manual/v3/howtos/redistributables_and_install_checks/install_dotnet.html