[wix-users] Installing to GetSystemDirectory() location

Alejandro Exojo alex at vikingsoft.eu
Wed Sep 30 09:37:25 PDT 2015

On 29 September 2015 at 19:45, Alejandro Exojo <alex at vikingsoft.eu> wrote:
> Right now I'm failing to get the driver in place with the following:
>
> <Directory Id="SystemFolder">
>  <Directory Id="DriversDir" Name="drivers">

I've tried other approaches like:

<Directory Id="WindowsFolder">
  <Directory Id="MySystem32Directory" Name="System32">

This always gets redirected to SysWOW64. If I put System332, I don't
get the redirection, so I suppose there is no way around it, right?

I'm too beginner about this, but is it possible that the only reliable
way to have the files installed in the right path is create a bundle
to combine the 64 and 32 bit versions of the driver?

So far I've been able to avoid it because the application is 32 bit,
and for some Shell Extensions (that have to be in 64 bit if the OS
is), I've followed this approach:

http://stackoverflow.com/a/8229503
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6191591/how-can-wix-based-installers-do-com-registration-for-both-32-and-64-bit-windows/8229503#8229503