[wix-users] Changing Burn registration to per-machine from BA

Rob Mensching rob at firegiant.com
Tue Sep 29 10:03:55 PDT 2015

MSIINSTALLPERUSER Property is the crux of it: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd408007(v=vs.85).aspx

From: wix-users [mailto:wix-users-bounces at lists.wixtoolset.org] On Behalf Of Christopher Painter
Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2015 9:46 AM
To: WiX Toolset Users Mailing List <wix-users at lists.wixtoolset.org>
Subject: Re: [wix-users] Changing Burn registration to per-machine from BA

v5.0 can switch?  I most have missed that.  I don't see it in the SDK topics (what's new, find related, remove existing...)  but the SDK being what it is it wouldn't surprise me if I simply read right over it.   Nowing my luck they removed a negative statement rather then adding an affirmative.

 Seems like an impossible problem to solve for.  I usually have to leave an ActiveSetup component behind to remove the others as they come into scope.  Have you ever come up with a better solution you could share?