[wix-users] Propagating /norestart to ExePackage payloads

Phill Hogland phill.hogland at rimage.com
Wed Sep 23 15:28:27 PDT 2015

A few weeks ago I implemented signaling that a CA needed a reboot and handling the reboot in the middle of my chain.  Not the same as your goal but similar.  I wish this forum had a search like the old forum so that I could reference the old threads.  But as others suggested looking at the WixStdBA source was a good guide.

Microsoft.Tools.WindowsInstallerXml.Bootstrapper.Restart is initialized by Burn to reflect the command line input to the Bundle (IIRC).

Various handlers have a Restart member of the EventsArgs.  Not what you are asking but to handle a reboot in the middle of a chain look at AfterForcedRestartPackage at functions which use an atom named WcaDeferredActionRequiresReboot.