[wix-users] WiX# (WiX Sharp) using WiX [P]

Tony DiRenzo anthony_direnzo at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 22 11:44:13 PDT 2015

Thank you for replying.
As you can tell I am a newbie in creating an MSI as well as anewbie with the WiX Tool Set and WiX#.  BecauseI am familiar with C# I was hoping to just jump in with WiX#.
However, the information I came across for WiX# (https://wixsharp.codeplex.com/) saysthat:
“Wix# allows building a complete MSI or WiX source code by executingscript files written with the plain C# syntax.  Wix# engine uses a C# class structure to mimicWiX entities and their relationships in order to produce a valid deploymentmodel.”
Do you recommend just jumping in with WiX#?
Or am I destined to learn all the XML structures in the link(s)you provided http://wixtoolset.org/documentation/manual/v3/
Where do I start? And in what order should I familiarizemyself with the steps/procedures to create a new MSI?
Sincerely,Tony D.