[wix-users] Windows Service - Failed to Start

Phill Hogland phill.hogland at rimage.com
Tue Sep 22 06:11:29 PDT 2015

Your ServiceInstall does not seem to specify a ServiceInstall at Account (or if the account has a password a ServiceInstall at Password).    If you are specifying an account which is not a built-in service account, then you probably also need to either create the account or add LogonAsService (or possibly LogonAsBatch) permission to the account, which you can do by adding a util:User to a Component in the same ComponentGroup as your service.  ServiceInstall requires a 'down-level' account name (domain\account) whereas util:User can take DNS names (I think).

Another post if info.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1114610/wix-installing-service-as-localservice