[wix-users] Windows Service - Failed to Start

Kubilay Özışık kubi.ozi at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 18:58:12 PDT 2015

Hi everyone,

I have two windows services inside my installer. But during the
installation, It can't start the services and saying that the user has
sufficient privileges to start. The code I've written is below. What am I
doing wrong here ?

<ComponentGroup Id="ServiceComponentGroup"
Directory="UPLOADERSERVICEDIRECTORY">
<Component Id="Service1" Guid="4F3DE5C1-7154-4c65-9816-248A85F6DEBF">
<File Id="Service1.exe"
                                  Name="Service1.exe"
                                  Source=".\Service\Service1.exe"
                                  Vital="yes"
                                  KeyPath="yes"
                                   />
<ServiceInstall
Id="ServiceInstaller"
Name="Service1"
DisplayName="Service1"
Description=" Service"
Start="auto"
ErrorControl="ignore"
Type="ownProcess"/>
<ServiceControl Id="scUploader_Start"
                Name="Service1"
                Start="install"
                Wait="no" />
<ServiceControl Id="scUploader_Stop"
                Name="Service1"
                Stop="uninstall"
                Remove="uninstall"
                Wait="yes" />

</Component>
<ComponentGroupRef Id="Service1Components" />
</ComponentGroup>
</Fragment>