[wix-users] Bug: Install fails on XP in WixSchedInternetShortcuts

David Connet dcon at agilityrecordbook.com
Fri Sep 18 08:23:54 PDT 2015

On 9/17/2015 10:01 PM, Carter Young wrote:
> It looks as if the CustomAction for your WixSchedInternetShortcuts is
> either in the wrong section or written incorrectly...

I don't think so. It is scheduled in exactly the same place when using
either 3.9 or 3.10. Using InstEd to look at the msi shows there are 4
CAs associated with the WixCA binary - and WixSchedInternetShortcuts is
the first one to have run.

My suspicion would be that the DLL may have been compiled in a non-XP
valid way (not sure what to look for, but using PEDUMP, I can see that
wixca.dll(wix9) was linked with v12.0 and wix10 was with v14.0).

Dave