[wix-users] ProductLanguage property not included in transformation

Midgley, David david.midgley at intergraph.com
Fri Sep 18 06:00:50 PDT 2015

I am having the same problem reported by Stefan Pavlik at  http://sourceforge.net/p/wix/bugs/1862/  and also at http://windows-installer-xml-wix-toolset.687559.n2.nabble.com/ProductLanguage-property-not-included-in-transformation-created-using-Torch-exe-td4036642.html.

The problem is that I need to generate a transform for localisation which will then be embedded into the MSI file, but the ProductLanguage is not set by the transform (I can prove this by applying the transform using Orca).

I *think* I can get around the problem by using msitran instead of Torch, but msiTran has its own idiosyncrasies, and it would be nice to stick to the Wix suite.

The first of the two links above does claim to have a solution by Heath Stewart (add a PropertyRef to ProductLanguage), but I can't work out how to apply the solution, i.e. where to put the PropertyRef. I have also searched wix.chm as suggested but cannot find anything. NOTE this is not a patch, this is a localised installer.

We are using Wix 3.8 (Torch Version 3.8.1128.0)

Any help greatly appreciated.

Dave