[wix-users] Bug: Install fails on XP in WixSchedInternetShortcuts

Carter Young ecyoung at grandecom.net
Thu Sep 17 22:01:44 PDT 2015

Please add the Following Page to your Bookmarks:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa372835(v=vs.85).aspx

2769

Custom Action [2] did not close [3] MSIHANDLEs.

The InstallExecuteSequence
<https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa369500%28v=vs.85%29.aspx> may have
been authored incorrectly. Actions that change the system must be
sequenced between the InstallInitialize
<https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa369535%28v=vs.85%29.aspx> and InstallFinalize
<https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa369505%28v=vs.85%29.aspx>actions.
Perform package validation
<https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa370569%28v=vs.85%29.aspx> and check
for ICE77
<https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa369030%28v=vs.85%29.aspx>.

It looks as if the CustomAction for your WixSchedInternetShortcuts is
either in the wrong section or written incorrectly...