[wix-users] UAC dialog icon

Parkes, Kevin Kevin.Parkes at wacom.eu
Thu Sep 17 00:45:18 PDT 2015

MSI

-----Original Message-----
From: wix-users [mailto:wix-users-bounces at lists.wixtoolset.org] On Behalf Of Hoover, Jacob
Sent: 16 September 2015 17:16
To: WiX Toolset Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: [wix-users] UAC dialog icon

Is this a MSI or a Bundle?

-----Original Message-----
From: wix-users [mailto:wix-users-bounces at lists.wixtoolset.org] On Behalf Of Parkes, Kevin
Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2015 5:13 AM
To: wix-users at lists.wixtoolset.org
Subject: [wix-users] UAC dialog icon

With a previous version of my installer, the UAC elevation dialog would display our application's icon. In the current build it is only displaying a generic icon.

I have 2 <Icon> elements, one for ARPPRODUCTICON (which refers to an ICO file) and one for a shortcut (which refers to an EXE). ICO and EXE have both changed between versions but otherwise <Icon> elements are unchanged.

The previous version would have been built with WiX v3.7 or 3.8; I am currently using v3.9.

It's only a cosmetic issue but it would be nice to show our icon: any idea why it might have "gone away" or how I can get it back?

Thanks