[wix-users] File in use on uninstall... [P]

Steven Ogilvie Steven.Ogilvie at titus.com
Tue Sep 15 04:11:10 PDT 2015

Anybody?

Sent by my BlackBerry Passport

Steve Ogilvie <sogilvie at msn.com> wrote:

Hi all,
I just installed WiX 3.10 on my Dev box and checked in the "build" binaries into TFS and changed the installers to use WiX 3.10 instead of 3.9R2.
I rebuilt our product using 3.10 and the install works like a charm.
The Bundle installs a bunch of MS pre requisite software and then silently installs our product which is 7 MSI's.
I went to uninstall our product and the Bootstrapper/Bundle, which displays the Bundle uninstall page and silently uninstalls our MSI's (since we don't uninstall the MS pre requisites).
However on the first MSI (Bundle progress dialog) there is a file in use, and the Bundle's progress dialog went blank. (i.e. all the GUI on the dialog was gone). (I found out it was a file in use, by running the MSI manually and the File In Use Dialog popped up, and then a msg box appeared saying it could't close it, it was one of our EXE's)
I relaunched the Bundle (I killed the process of our EXE first) and the Bundle's uninstall ran without any problems...
Has anyone else had this issue?
Thanks,
Steve