[wix-users] How to detect Non-Admin User with UAC On and terminate Installation

Das, Krishnendu (GE Healthcare) Krishnendu.Das at ge.com
Fri Sep 11 12:28:48 PDT 2015

Hello,

I am trying to put a condition (in LaunchCondition) using the 'Privileged' variable for admin install only. However,  I am running into the following issue.

-          With UAC On (User logged in as Non Admin), the 'Privileged' variable is still getting set.

MSI (c) (04:90) [15:17:29:420]: MSI_LUA: Setting AdminUser property to 1 because this is the client or the user has already permitted elevation
MSI (c) (04:90) [15:17:29:420]: PROPERTY CHANGE: Adding AdminUser property. Its value is '1'.
MSI (c) (04:90) [15:17:29:420]: PROPERTY CHANGE: Adding Privileged property. Its value is '1'.

I do not want to use MSIUSEREALADMINDETECTION or MsiRunningElevated since those property require Windows Installer 4.0

Please note that the Package InstallPrivileges is set to "elevated".

Any suggestion? Is this a Windows issue?

Thanks,

Kris Das