[wix-users] Upgrade using Burn with Custom BA

Roni Fuchs ronif at microsoft.com
Mon Sep 7 03:39:10 PDT 2015

Hi everyone,
I'm trying to upgrade my app that was previously installed using custom BA that chained prerequisites and the app's msi.
Doesn't matter whether I try doing a minor upgrade (changing only version number) or major upgrade (changing version number and also product Id),
The new BA calls the old one with -uninstall -silent.
Why is that?
My old BA doesn't support silent uninstall? Is there a way around that? Can I just uninstall the msi? Or perhaps do a minor upgrade that doesn't try to uninstall the BA?

Thanks in advance,
Roni (Aron) Fuchs