[wix-users] SWID Tag input string was not in a correct format error from Light

David Hary davidhary at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 18:26:40 PDT 2015

I tried the new release with the bind.assemblyVersion element that was
failing on all older versions (including 4.x):

<?define ProductVersion      =
'!(bind.assemblyVersion.$(var.isr.IO.Diolan.Handler.Driver.Console.TargetFileName))'
?>

The error differs from rev 2026. Progress. This is the new error:

string portion was too short or too long.
isr.IO.Diolan.Handler.Driver.Console.WiX light.exe 0

is debug data called for?