[wix-users] Wix 3.10.1.2213: How to avoir an error on missing files?

Francis ANDRE francis.andre.kampbell at orange.fr
Fri Oct 30 12:47:06 PDT 2015

Le 30/10/2015 20:13, Edwin Castro a écrit :
> I don't fully understand what you are trying to do. You have a file that
> you want to appear in the MSI's File table (which will be installed) but
> you don't want WiX to look for it at build time? OR do you want to install
> the file only on some versions of your product (in other words, you do not
> want the file in the MSI's File table because the file is not to be
> installed)?
When the file exists, I want it included into the msi and installed
When the file does not exist, I do not want an error message from Light
stating that the file is missing

I would like something like below with a new attribute: optional

<File optional="true" Id="FOO.HTML" Name="Foo.html" Source="foo.html"/>

There are zillions of html files and some of them disappears from one version to the next. So, I need an simpleway to not bother for those missing files without having to chekc the version with an if/then/else.

If this functionality is already present in Wix 3.10, I would like to know the how-to

Best

FA