[wix-users] Native (CoApp) NuGet packages and WiX projects

Tunney, Stephen Stephen.Tunney at nuance.com
Thu Oct 29 13:47:32 PDT 2015

Hello All,

I've got some NuGet packages that I want to bring into a WiX project (.wixlib, and .wixproj have been tested and fail) that has been generated using CoApp extensions.  However I'm running into an issue in Visual Studio 2013 when attempting to Add the NuGet package.

In the "Installing..." dialog for the NuGet package manager in VS I see the following:
Adding 'zlib 1.2.8' to Platform.MyComponent.
Uninstalling 'zlib 1.2.8'.
Successfully uninstalled 'zlib 1.2.8'.
Install failed. Rolling back...
Could not install package 'zlib 1.2.8'. You are trying to install this package into a project that targets '.NETFramework,Version=v4.0.0.0', but the package does not contain any assembly references or content files that are compatible with that framework. For more information, contact the package author.

Does anyone have any insights as to why this is happening?  What can I do to add support for targets="native" to .wixlib or .wixproj projects?

Thanks,
Stephen Tunney
Nuance Communications, Inc.
Architect, Imaging Division