[wix-users] FW: Bundle: after reboot extracted payload is not detected

Carter Young ecyoung at grandecom.net
Thu Oct 29 12:55:22 PDT 2015

  * Disable Parallel Caching(If enabled).
    See:http://wixtoolset.org/documentation/manual/v3/xsd/wix/chain.html

  * Reorganize your bundle chain if needed, Install your prerequisite
    packages in the proper order and use PrereqSupportPackage="Yes" to
    enforce this. See:
    http://wixtoolset.org/documentation/manual/v3/xsd/wix/msipackage.html

  * Set a  proper NAME Element for each of your package elements so that
    none of them are extracted to the default, which is AppData. See
    again
    http://wixtoolset.org/documentation/manual/v3/xsd/wix/msipackage.html
    Setting a Name Element with a Proper Directory String will override
    the default behavior.
  * The last package in your chain should be mysetup.msi

Between the 3rd and 4th Bullet you can Reboot the machine, and once
restarted, restart setup at Bullet 4, or you can install all 4 Bullets
and restart

Carter