[wix-users] Creating and using .wixlibs{

Steven Packer stevenp at fps-gold.com
Tue Oct 27 13:54:40 PDT 2015

I have created several merge modules using Visual Studio.  I have included
these in another Visual Studio WiX project.  They work well except that I
get several warnings that folders have duplicate sequence numbers in the
sequence tables.  I was reading one comment from Rob that indicated .wixlibs
might be a better solution than merge modules.  I have created a wixlib with
Visual Studio but I don't know how to use it in my project and I am not sure
if I have done the wixlib properly.  I am not finding enough information in
the documentation or tutorials to help me.  I am very new to WiX and some
concepts are still unclear.  Can anyone help me with some VS code examples
and explanations that might help clear up my confusion?

Steven