[wix-users] Elevating permissions when double clicking the MSI

Phil Wilson phil.wilson at mvps.org
Sat Oct 24 11:50:40 PDT 2015

Strictly speaking it isn't when file copy starts - it's when the install
goes into the InstallExecuteSequence. The question implies you need the UI
sequence to run with elevation, and that implies you're running some custom
action code that needs elevation, and I suspect that may be the place you
should look for an alternative solution.

Otherwise use an executable with an elevation manifest to launch your
MSI)with a CreateProcess type of launch) then the UI sequence will be
elevated.

Phil W