[wix-users] Defining Directories{

Steven Packer stevenp at fps-gold.com
Thu Oct 22 12:08:36 PDT 2015

Thank you for your reply.  However, after removing the HomeDrive Directory
element I still get the same cannot find file error. In further study I find
that TARGETDIR should resolve to C:\ since I only have one drive on my
computer.
	<Fragment>
    <Directory Id="TARGETDIR" Name="SourceDir">
      <Directory Id="TFS" Name="TFS">
        <Directory Id="CIM" Name="CIM">
          <Directory Id="Trunk" Name="trunk">
            <Directory Id="CIMSourceDir" Name="bin">
              <Directory Id="CIMPlugins" Name="Plugins" />
              <Directory Id="CIMHelpFiles" Name="Help" />
            </Directory>
          </Directory>
        </Directory>
      </Directory>
      <Directory Id="ProgramFilesFolder">
        <Directory Id="FPSGOLD" Name="FPSGOLD">
          <Directory Id="INSTALLDIR" Name="CIM">
            <Directory Id="Plugins" Name="Plugins" />
            <Directory Id="Help" Name="Help" />
          </Directory>
        </Directory>
      </Directory>
    </Directory>
  </Fragment>

With this understanding I would expect that CIMSourceDir would resolve to:
C:\TFS\CIM\trunk\bin
CIMPLUGINS would resolve to: C:\TFS\CIM\trunk\bin\Plugins
And so on..
It would seem that I am still lacking in understanding.

Steven