[wix-users] DISM in Windows 10

Phill Hogland phill.hogland at rimage.com
Tue Oct 20 13:58:47 PDT 2015

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7808-dism-repair-windows-10-image.html

I have not had any problem calling dism.exe or fondue.exe from a CA when targeting Win 10 x86 or x64, with same code used for win7/2008R2 to Win 10 in multiple bundles/packages.  I am not working with IIS features in this situation.  I also do not have any problem, on win 10, in a non-wix setup calling dism.exe (and in that situation I am configuring IIS, only because I have not had a chance to converted that setup to wix yet).   However I would not expect a call to x86 dism (see your log) to work if the target is a x64 system, or if the related CBS package is missing from the image, which is entirely possible with IIS for any OS (Win 7/2008R2 or later).

What does the CBS log (or the Event log) tell you?
On the system where you have the problem, if you copy the same command to a cmd box does it work?
Have you used dism /online /Get-Features /Format:Table to review the specific feature states on the PC you are targeting?

Posting user questions to the devs list is probably not helpful.
Phill