[wix-users] How does bundle rollback work?

Reuss, Matthias matthias.mr.reuss at sivantos.com
Mon Oct 19 03:09:08 PDT 2015

Thank you for the links.

I have never used a RollbackBoundary so far. But as far as I see, it only defines which packages to roll back in case of failure of one package and which packages to keep even if one (other) package fails. I do not see a connection to the way Burn handles the actual rollback.

Does Burn always start separate "rollback packages" on bundle rollback, or is it possible to do a multi-package rollback in one transaction, as described here:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb736322(v=vs.85).aspx

Best regards

Matthias