[wix-users] Bundle: How to stop evaluating a condition at Uninstall?

Farrukh Waheed farrukh1 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 06:02:56 PDT 2015

Hello mates,
I have a situation where in my Bundle, a condition evaluating at install
time, Must Not Be  evaluated at uninstall time.

Scenario is, a pre-requisite application is uninstalled before removing my
Bundle. Now when my Bundle would be uninstalled, it will try to evaluate
bal:Condition to check that pre-req application, and would go false and
refused to uninstal.

I feel, I'm just missing something here... Here is my Condition xml
    <bal:Condition Message="[WixBundleName] requires the PreReq. "  >
      <![CDATA[Installed AND ((PreReq_161_Maj_Ver = 16) AND
(PreReq_161_Min_Ver >= 1))]]>
    </bal:Condition>

Thanks a bunch.
Farrukh