[wix-users] Custom Action with Deferred Execution and No Impersonate in UISequence

John Cooper JoCooper at jackhenry.com
Wed Oct 7 14:29:41 PDT 2015

There are much better ways to accomplish these tasks.  See NETFRAMEWORK45 and other properties in the NetFx extension.  See the IIS Extension.  See the SQL Extension.  See a tutorial on writing a C++ or C# custom action.

I support 27 installers for 6 teams (including one outside my division) that accomplish all these tasks without using one line of batch embedded in the installer.

Quite apart from the security concerns, rollback is going to be a major problem for this installer.  Don't do it this way.

--
John Merryweather Cooper
Senior Software Engineer | Integration Development Group | Enterprise Notification Service