[wix-users] WIX MSI Creation not using VS

Phil Wilson phil.wilson at mvps.org
Wed Oct 7 08:47:49 PDT 2015

There's WixEdit too.

http://wixedit.sourceforge.net/

Phil

-----Original Message-----
From: wix-users [mailto:wix-users-bounces at lists.wixtoolset.org] On Behalf Of
Farrukh Waheed
Sent: Tuesday, October 06, 2015 10:14 PM
To: WiX Toolset Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: [wix-users] WIX MSI Creation not using VS

Following might be a good help for you.You need Heat (Wix Harvest Tool) for
this:
About Heat, the Harvest Tool
<http://wixtoolset.org/documentation/manual/v3/overview/heat.html>
WiX 3 Tutorial: Generating file/directory fragments with Heat.exe
<http://weblogs.sqlteam.com/mladenp/archive/2010/02/23/WiX-3-Tutorial-Genera
ting-filedirectory-fragments-with-Heat.exe.aspx>
Components of a Different Color
<https://www.firegiant.com/wix/tutorial/com-expression-syntax-miscellanea/co
mponents-of-a-different-color/>

Hope these would be helpful.