[wix-users] Receiving Command Line Params with Custom Managed BA

Jon Armen jarmen at bstglobal.com
Thu Oct 1 06:35:31 PDT 2015

I am using a Custom Managed BA to install an MSI package.  When I execute with the command "bundle.exe /s password=supersecret", I am not getting the "password" burn property into the managed Engine.StringVariables or Engine.SecureStringVariables object.

I have configured the variable using <Variable Name="password" Hidden="yes" bal:Overrideable="yes" />.

When passing the parameter, the only way I can currently retrieve it is to call base.Command.GetCommandLineArgs() and parse manually.

I would expect base.Engine.StringVariables / SecureStringVariables should contain these values.

I'm pretty sure this works for the built in BA's.

Does anyone have an idea or any experience with this situation?

Thank you,

Jon Armen
Software Engineer